Friday, April 22, 2005
Who is "Mo", anyway?
(cut me some slack on the pic...it was 7am here!)
It seems I've been posting here for a couple of weeks now, and it occurred to me that if you are here reading this journal (WHY??!), that perhaps you might be wondering "who in the hell is 'Mo', anyway?", so I thought I'd take this opportunity to tell ya!
Actually, I'm two weeks away from another birthday, and I thought this would be a great opoortunity for a bit of self-examination. While all or none of this may be true tommorrow, next week, or next year; TODAY....here are 100 facts about Mo:
1. I am an only child, whose mother is also an only child.
2. I am childless, by choice.
3. I'm a registered independent voter.
4. I think most people have good intentions.
5. I believe there is 'something' out there, bigger than us (God/Goddess/Supreme Being), and that some part of us survives 'death'.
6. My given name is Maurean Eileen.
7. I grew up in the hills of western Pennsylvania; I think that's God's country.
8. I like liver & onions.
9. I also like spinach.
10. Sundays are my favorite day of the week.
11. I haven't been on a scale in over ten years, so I have no idea what I weigh.
12. I wear a size 3-5 jeans.
13. I love to read. I always have at least one book I'm reading, sometimes two.
14. I adore animals; like the ad says; "fuzzy, furry, creepy, crawly, feathered or wet"...I love 'em all.
15. Except spiders. (and bugs.)
16. I'm a natural blonde, and have never in my 38 yrs. dyed my hair.
17. I own all (three.) of Train's CD's. I think Patrick Monahan is adorable.
18. I'm a smoker.
19. I have a great many acquaintances, but very few friends.
20. I have a thing for shoes (luv 'em!), but I go barefoot as much as possible.
21. I don't believe in 'soul mates', in the sense you only get one real shot at love.
22. Personally, I've been in love 4 times. I'm in love now.
23. I once installed a new ragtop on a '68 Firebird.
24. I took 2 yrs. of Latin in school, but I don't remember any of it.
25. I have what's termed an 'above average IQ' and was encouraged to endure classes for 'the gifted' from the 3rd grade. (Back before the "IP programs" that are in place, today.)
26. My favorite teacher was Mr. Robert Taylor, freshman year algebra.
27. I love the sunshine, and I spend as much time outdoors as possible.
28. I don't like tomato sauce. (and no, *your* lasagna/spaghetti sauce WON'T change my mind!)
29. I wear a toe-ring on my right foot.
30. I hardly ever wear a bra.
31. I think a person's purpose in life is to experience as much of it as possible.
32. I'm finding the writing of this list to be much harder than I had anticipated.
33. I hope to someday visit the Malaysian ruins, Ireland, and Australia.
34. I wish my mom lived closer.
35. I have a small birthmark on my lower lip that people often mistake for lipstick, and are always trying to wipe off!
36. My first dog's name was Taffy.
37. I lived my first 17 years (for the most part) in the same house (on Warren St.)
38. I always wanted a brother.
39. I won $200 dollars in a hot legs/dance contest at my favorite bar.
40. I own a pair of thigh-high, patent leather, come-f*ck-me boots with 4" heels. I've worn them twice (once w/ my pirate costume & once as a lark) but I refuse to give 'em up!
41. My favorite color is red.
42. I have a surfboard, but don't know how to surf.
43. I abhore negativity, and try hard to avoid drama in my life.
44. My favorite fiction book is American Gods by Neil Gaiman.
45. I've done alot of things in my past that I'd never do again, but nothing that I regret.
46. I had sex for the first time at the age of sixteen.
47. I've never seen/dated a married man.
48. I consider myself hetrosexual.
49. I don't like liars or thieves.
50. I enjoy thunderstorms; they make me sleepy.
51. I live in a "Navy town"; when the ships pull in port, I make it a point to watch the local newscasts of the meetings on the pier & I cry every, single time!
52. I love the smell of puppy breath.
53. Giggling babies make me laugh.
54. I like sunflowers.
55. I'm addicted to coffee - but, no flavored coffee,please.
56. I am strikingly similiar to my maternal grandmother, in both appearance and mannerism.
57. I'm an extremely private person. (Honest. I am.)
58. I am true to my Irish ancestory, in that I wear my emotions on my sleeve. Not one to keep things bottled-up, I tend to let'er rip.
59. And, along with that trait, comes the mouth-in-operation-before-brain-is-fully-engaged issues, as well. But, I'm working on that.
60. I'm in a long-term (15 yr.) relationship with the most wonderful man I've ever known. Truly.
61. We are in the process (7 yrs and counting) of restoring/remodeling/fixing-up a 1920's cottage that we are also living in. I love it.
62. I'm currently unemployed. (Anybody out there looking for an Operations Director/Manager for a information/data retrieval/screening firm?! Yeah. Didn't think so.)
63. When I'm inside (low light), my eyes look blue, but outside, they appear green; I say they're green.
64. The most exotic pet I've ever owned was an albino ferret. (her name was Rascal)
65. I feel that spirituality is a very personal and private thing, and I'm put off by those who proselytize.
66. Sunrise is my favorite time of day.
67. Spring is my favorite season.
68. I drink too much coca-cola.
69. I think, if I had a daughter, I would name her Erin Elise. A son, Ian Albert.
70. When I was a very little girl, I idolized my (great) Uncle Ted, and wanted to be just like him when I grew up.
71. I have an affinity for Mark Twain & Benjamin Franklin.
72. If I were to pick a 'theme song', it would be "It Works for Me" by Toby Keith.
73. I really like Key Lime Pie.
74. My favorite drink is (Malibu)Coconut Rum & (Twister)Strwberry/Pineapple/Banana juice.
75. I believe every human should be allowed his/her rights to make and live by their own decisions, while being responsible and accountable for their own actions.
76. I enjoy my own company.
77. Someday, I'd like to hike (some of?!) the Appallachian Trail.
78. I'm a big fan of NFL football (I bleed black & gold)
79. I'm NOT a fan of Steve Spurier OR the Gators (shhh....I have to live here!)
80. I have an odd affixation on death, and I think about it quite often. Don't know why. Not in a scary sense, or a death-'wish' or anything...just ABOUT it..what it might be like, (or *not* like), the ways people die, what happens next?,...like that.
81. I've always had more male friends, than female friends. (Don't know why that is, either.)
82. Seagulls kinda freak me out.
83. My Jr. High School (middle-school, for you young'uns) was in the Guiness Book of World Records; it was built on a hill, and had a ground-floor entrance on all four floors.
84. I love ice cream; any flavor. My favorite is chocolate. (Boring, huh?!)
85. My toenails are painted "Alter Ego" (kind of a wine-color).
86. Johnson was president when I was born.
87. I want a pet pig. Seriously. A black one.
88. I try not to engage myself in the "What If..." game, but sometimes it gets the better of me.
89. I'm told my best physical feature happens to be legs that go all the way from my a$$ to the floor, as they say.
90. I'm very happy to be an American, and I am proud of the ideals and freedoms that privledge has bestowed upon me.
91. I think 'good-looking' and 'sexy' are two different animals.
92. People amaze, amuse and confuse me. I'm intriqued by them in general, but often disallusioned by them individually.
93. I despise 'reality TV'.
94. I get cold very easily.
95. I don't like suprises.
96. I concur with the politically belief that "less is better" when it comes to government regulations.
97. I believe in the expression that "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent".
98. I only like brocolli when its been cooked, but only eat califlower, raw.
99. I like zuchinni, but not summer squash.
100. I enjoy life, and am ever-so-grateful for every day that I am able to live it.